Basic Aftercare Information:
- Always wash your hands before cleaning or touching your piercing for any reason.
- Do not play or touch with your piercing unless cleaning. There is no need to rotate your healing piercing. This can cause the scabs/delicate skin to tear.
- Clean your piercing at least twice a day. Avoid over cleaning.
- Clean with a sterile saline solution (such as the one sold at our stores). Alternatively you can make your own solution at home by following the simple instructions listed below.
- Stay Healthy. A healthy body can heal wounds much faster/easier than a run-down body.
- Be patient and keep cleaning throughout the indicated healing time. Body tissue heals from the outside in, so a piercing may seem healed before it really is.
- Unless there is a problem with jewelry quality/size etc of your initial jewelry, then do not change it. If you have any problems with your piercing jewelry please do not hesitate to come and see us in store or message our facebook page.
- Even healed piercings can shrink/close within a few minutes. If you want to keep your piercing, keep your jewelry in.
A sterile Saline solution can be purchased from Charm inc or other piercing establishments. Alternatively you can make your own at home :
1/4 tsp of non-iodised fine grain salt(not regular sea salt, pink Himalayan salt works too) to one cup of pre-boiled warm water is the perfect ratio. Too much salt can irritate your healing piercing. A fresh batch of saline solution should be made fresh daily but a solution can be safety stored for up to 2-3 days.