Expected healing time: 6-8 weeks.
- Wash your hands before cleaning or touching your piercing.
- Clean atleast twice a day. Soak a cotton tip and clean both sides of the piercing, gently removing any "crusties" (dried lymph).
- Do no rotate your new piercing. This can cause tearing to the new scar tissue forming. Your skin will naturally 'let go' of the jewelry when healing.
- Do not remove your jewelry to clean your piercing.
- Repeat piercing clean after submerging in any unhygienic bodies of water(bath, pool, ocean etc)
- Stay Healthy. A healthy body can heal much faster than a run-down one.
What to expect initially:
Localized swelling, tenderness, and/or bruising.
What to expect during healing:
Itchiness, secretion of a whitish-yellow fluid (not pus) that will form a 'crust' around and on the jewelry.
What to avoid:
- Cleaning your new piercing with alcohol or any harsh chemicals as it can cause irritations or infections.
- Do not go swimming/submerging your piercing in any unhygienic bodies of water for the first 2 weeks. (Lakes, Ocean, Pools etc)
- Over-cleaning your piercing can irritate your new piercing.
- Try to avoid sleeping on your piercing.
- Do not change the piercing jewelry during the healing time.
Doing any of the actions listed above can cause irritations to your new piercing and prolong the healing period.
These guidelines are based on a combination of vast professional experience. This is not the be considered a substitute for medical advice.